Women's body is constantly changing from childhood to puberty, through pregnancy and delivery to postmenopausal life. There will be many questions that you want to ask about gynecological, reproductive and sexual health. Thus, it is important that a woman establishes a partnership with her gynecologist early. It is recommended that women who have started sexual life or experience gynecological symptoms, have an annual gynecological check-up. Most of the gynecological problems that detected are early will be easier to treat, cheaper and have a better result.
The main purpose of gynecological screening is to pick up women's disease early before it is too late for complete cure.
The annual gynaecological screening includes:
1. Breast Examination
2. Ultrasound scan of Ovaries, Uterus and Pelvis
3. Papanikolaou test (pap smear)
4. Urine Test for Infection and Diabetes
5. General body blood test including tumor marker CA 125 (a 'tumor-maker' which is found in greater concentration in body with tumor cells
Common gynecological problems/ encounters:
3. Breast Cancer
4. Gynecological cancers
5. Ovarian Cyst
7. Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)